- May 9, 2017
- Posted by: admin
- Category: News
One of the most crucial steps in building a successful online presence for your business is establishing a communication channel between you and your prospective clients. Email is the most effective channel. You can create a custom domain specific email address through your Webhost or a public domain email address, such as the one offered by Gmail. Both are free.
A domain specific email address exhibits professionalism. However, getting one from your web host is not a good idea since their email interface is not always the best. Additionally, hosting your website and email accounts interdependently can have serious security repercussions in the event of a breach. Gmail may offer the best email interface, but a free public domain email address is not ideal for business.
If you want to get the proven functionality of Gmail and the benefits of having a domain specific email address, Google Apps for Work is your best bet. For only $5 per month, you get not only a reliable email service but also all the other Google services and apps.
Setting up email ID for your domain using Google Apps is easy and painless. Here are the steps –
- Visit the Google Apps site to set up your Google Apps account.
- Click on the start free trial to begin the setup process.
- On the next page, fill out the available form with your personal details then click Next to proceed.
- You’ll be prompted to choose between your existing domain names if you have any, or purchase a custom domain name from Google Domains. Pick a choice and proceed to the next step.
- On the next page, create your Google Apps username and password. Click on Accept and signup then wait for your account to be set up.
- You’ll be redirected to the admin dashboard of your newly created Google Apps account. From there, you will be required to verify domain ownership. It is easier than it sounds. There are three verification methods.
- Upload an HTML file to your website
- Add a meta tag to your homepage
- Add a domain host record (TXT or CNAME)
- A pop-up window should appear notifying you of a successful verification. Click Next to finish the process. After you’re done, you will be prompted to choose a billing plan which will take effect at the end of the free-trial period.
— purplehayz (@purplehayz) 27 de julio de 2016